The 2nd Key To Successful Sportscasting.....

The other thing that I think is extremely important is something that was passed down from Red Barber to Vin Scully. I find it to be the best advice when it comes to broadcasting. This piece of advice couldn’t be simpler: Be yourself. You’re probably thinking, what the heck is this guy talking about? Red Barber told Vin a long time ago that only you can bring something into the broadcast booth that no one else can and that’s yourself. We were all created to be unique in our own way. We aren’t robots. Bring that personality of yours into the broadcast booth. You were hired for a reason because you stood out in a certain way that may have been more favorable compared to others. Be who you are and be proud of it. By being you, does that mean we are perfect? No way, no how! We can improve each and every day. Like I told you in the beginning of this post, I’m a young guy in this business. I know I have a lot to improve upon. With that being said, I was hired for a reason and I make sure I bring that to the ballpark each and every day. Make sure you do that as well.


Preparation and be yourself. That is my advice to all of you. Its advice I hope to take with me as far as I can climb in this business. Remember, this business is truly a journey. You will see a whole lot of different things each and every day. Remember to have fun and enjoy it.

Thank you for reading and I hope to write to you all again someday!

Mike Ventola

Director or Radio Broadcasting and Media Relations for the Southern Illinois Miners

Follow Mike on Twitter! @VentingDaily
----
Click for our free posts in your email!